According to Grand Goulburn by Stephen J. Tazewell the builder (Daniel Kennedy) had named the house Cliftoria.
All the advertisements and notices in the Goulburn Evening Penny Post also list the building as Cliftoria on Clifford street.
When the building was converted into flats in 1925 they were called the Cliftoria Flats in the Goulburn Evening Penny Post.
So it is very unfortunate that the brass name on the front of the building is not quite correct. It will be one of the many little jobs to do.